Tuesday, February 8, 2022

A Client Dressing Like Jesus In Court Will Get Crucified

Douglas Coggins
Attorney at Law
19200 Von Karman Avenue, Suite 400
Irvine, CA 92612-8512

Toll Free 1-877-290-5136 or 1-949-296-7688
Open SEVEN DAYS until 8:00 PM.
24/7 messaging and call forwarding
Accepting all major credit and debit cards. Checks, cash, and wire transfers are fine, too.

My office is two blocks from Harbor Justice Center in Newport Beach with ample parking. The toll free number above will track me down if I am in court. After hours or on weekends try my cell phone (949)610-3949.

I am bilingual in Spanish and English. I have traveled by land round trip all the way to the tip of Tierra del Fuego at the southernmost end of South America and traced the entire Pacific and Gulf Coasts of Mexico by car without a single flat tire.

Practicing in all California courts, frequently I am retained by phone at the last minute. My office is walking distance from John Wayne Airport and a 60 minute drive from LAX.

Education:
University of California at Berkeley 1977 Bachelor of Arts degree in Economics, Regents Scholar, Honors at Entrance.
University of San Diego School of Law 1981 Juris Doctor law degree.

Professional Qualifications:
Active membership in the State Bar of California since 1981. Attorney number 98843.

Professional Experience:
I have defended thousands of criminal cases, including 190 criminal jury trials, both felonies and misdemeanors. Besides criminal cases, I also have defended hundreds of clients in conservatorship, probate, and sanity trials.

Since 1988, I have practiced in my own firm, Douglas Coggins Attorney at Law. I have tried 190 jury cases throughout California and saved 90 drivers' licenses from automatic suspensions by the DMV for clients accused of driving under the influence of alcohol.

I attract clients from Malibu to Mexico. I first meet each client in person unless I am retained by phone at the last minute. I always provide a signed fee agreement before I accept a case. I charge flat fees that include a jury trial, if the client wants to go to trial rather than negotiate a settlement.

This practice assures client satisfaction when followed up with frequent phone calls and copies of all police reports and court documents. (Most clients have court cases or business before government agencies.)

I have never had a complaint from any client in 40 years of practicing as a lawyer.You can check up on me or any California lawyer on the official State Bar website. http://calbar.ca.gov I am an A+ rated member of the Better Business Bureau. http://bbb.org

Only those charged with felonies need to take time off work for pretrial hearings. I schedule any jury trials to fit my client's work schedule if the client chooses a jury trial.

I represent clients from many nations with business in California. I have been lucky to travel extensively in Europe, Africa, Asia, and South America.

My articles have been read by tens of thousands of prospective clients.

I offer this universal advice from my SECRETS FROM AN INSIDER TO PREVENT COURTROOM STRESS:

"....Many decent, hardworking men and women feel very uneasy when they walk into a criminal court alone. Most of them make a poor first impression on the judge by not dressing up. How up? They should wear the same clothes they would if called to Washington to apply for a job at the White House. I am not joking. Why? Because nobody ever made a bad impression on a judge by wearing a suit and tie or a top of the knee length dress. If you dress like Jesus, prepare to get crucified.
....Judges still dress in black robes like courts did 500 years ago. They think of the bow tie as a far out style only seen on 1920's jazz musicians and Louis Farrakhan. Court is not the Academy Awards. There is no need to spend a thousand dollars but you better wear something very conservative. Shined leather shoes matter more than designer shoes...."